The last several weeks have been quite eventful. We've moved to a bigger place with easier access to my husband's kids and a shorter commute to his job. All in all, it's gone quite well. Of course, becoming a new homeowner means taking on the responsibility of fixing any and all repairs! No more easy days of simply calling the landlord when we have a leaky faucet or issues with the garbage disposal. We are homeowners!
There are no more cardboard boxes lying around and everything is officially unpacked. At this point we simply need another sofa and a dining set. Seeing as how my taste differs from my husbands, I think it's safe to assume I'm better off taking on this home decorating challenge solo.
I still haven't mustered up the energy to take tons of new pics so here is just a glimpse....
My little plant pots are busy growing my favorite herbs. I took this pic though when we were still at our old place. They now sit nicely on my window sill in the kitchen.
This is the lovely bottle of wine my bff gave me as a housewarming gift. It's been weeks so I finally got around to indulging in some vino today :) In the background you can see a portion of our dining area sans dining table. I'm thinking of a square, dark brown pedestal table that seats 6!
This is the only room in the house with curtains actually set up! Some progress is better than no progress! It's a big living room so more seating (and a very large flat screen tv) is needed asap.
I brought these two signs from our previous home and they are now placed on the wall right before you enter the kitchen. I sometimes feel like a short order cook with my 3 stepkids running around so the top sign always rings true. The bottom sign reads, "My home was clean yesterday...too bad you missed it."
I put these collage frames up this weekend and I'm happy with the effect. Otherwise the staircase seems large and kind of cold. I love being able to see pictures of our families every time I head up and down the stairs (which feels like it's about 3,291 x's a day).
I guess that's enough superficiality for one day. On to the nitty gritty....
It's been over a year since my last pregnancy and I always have a worry in the back of my mind that there might be something wrong. Initially it seemed getting pregnant was easy. I did it 3 times in less than 15 months and I was convinced that staying pregnant was the issue. Once my Perinatologist gave me the APS (Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome) diagnosis and a treatment plan I figured getting pregnant would be the easy part. Now I'm on to cycle 12 or 13 or ? since my last loss. I've committed to making sure I make an appointment with my Primary and look into seeing an RE if it's necessary. I'm hoping with all I've got left that it doesn't come down to this. I would love nothing more than to see two pink lines on my hpt at the end of this cycle. A girl can dream, right?





No comments:
Post a Comment